Vocademy Weekly Blog

Hello little Vocadlets!

Well I’m Ellis and I’m the new Office Manager of Vocademy. So unbelievably excited to have started and to become involved! YAY! This means lots of redecorating the office and buying lots of ORANGE THINGS!

I’ll be discussing all sorts of exciting things on a weekly basis, including what you are getting up to at Vocademy, your opinions on new chart songs, your fave celebs and their wardrobes, events and TV shows etc…. the list goes on!

Feel free to email me ellis@vocademy.co.uk and tell me about what has been happening at your Vocademy, what events you have performed at, songs you are working on and add pictures too, this way we can post them on the blog! We always LOVE to get pictures! Also, your opinions on celebs and celeb style, singers you think are hot right now, their new music etc!

Ellis.xx

Friday 4 November 2011

Adele to have operation on throat & X Factor contestant Sophie Habibis covers The Calling


Hello my little Vocadlets!

How has your Halloween been? I saw SO many scary costumes over the weekend and they all looked FAB! I’m a little bit sad that I didn’t get to dress up, but I bet you guys did! What did you all dress up as? I bet you looked AWESOME!
I was with some Vocademy students in Horsham on Saturday, as they performed at the Halloween show! One of our little students was dressed up, and a couple of the girls had facepaints on – Very scary!

Singer Adele is to have an operation on her throat

SO a bit of bad news for poor Adele this week L She’s having to have an operation after suffering from a haemorrhage near her vocal chords. BUT to make matter worse, this now means she’s had to cancel the rest of the years tour dates and COMPLETLEY recuperate. This is very sad, I feel so sorry for her. I absolutely love her voice, it’s so big and powerful, but also reminds us how important it is to take really good care of our voice, in the way we sing and warm it up! Even though I don’t know So remember guys to do your exercises regularly, and always warm up before singing!
This news is also sad for those of you who are maybe going to see Adele, but now cant! I’d LOVE to go and see her live, and am VERY jealous of people who have seen her! Have you seen her sing live? Where did you see her?

Singer Charlene Soriara covered 'Wherever you will go'
for the Twinings advert
Another incredible talent I have recently discovered is a little singer called Charlene Soriara. She has covered The Calling’s song – Wherever You Will Go for the Twinings advert (which was done by X Factor contestant Sophie Habibis, but more about that in a mo!). And the song as now become so huge, EVERYONE is listening to it, and the original has now made it back it into the charts! Charlene is actually a folk singer,  and grew up in London. ANNDD she went to the BRIT school with Adele and Kate Nash! Oooh! 
Sophie Habibis on the X Factor, Saturday 29th October
So yes.. Sophie Habibis. She did a rendition of Charlene’s version of the song on X Factor last Saturday. Now, don’t get me wrong, I liked Sophie’s voice, I didn’t think it was as amazing as everyone said it was, but it was ok. But I DEFINITIELY think I must be missing something with this performance.. I thought it was awful! She was definitely off pitch, and flat at times, but the judges loved her, I don’t get it?! 
Although, it seems the british public didn't, as she was voted off the show in sundays results show. Anyway, decide for yourself.. watch her performance here;

What do you think?
And the big question… Who’s your favourite X Factor contestant? What do you think about Frankie Cocozza?

Let me know!

Keep singing!
Ellis xx

1 comment:

  1. Can not believe Frankie is still in the competition! He got a right old grilling last night though? Think he HAS to be going for this double eviciton!

    ReplyDelete