Vocademy Weekly Blog

Hello little Vocadlets!

Well I’m Ellis and I’m the new Office Manager of Vocademy. So unbelievably excited to have started and to become involved! YAY! This means lots of redecorating the office and buying lots of ORANGE THINGS!

I’ll be discussing all sorts of exciting things on a weekly basis, including what you are getting up to at Vocademy, your opinions on new chart songs, your fave celebs and their wardrobes, events and TV shows etc…. the list goes on!

Feel free to email me ellis@vocademy.co.uk and tell me about what has been happening at your Vocademy, what events you have performed at, songs you are working on and add pictures too, this way we can post them on the blog! We always LOVE to get pictures! Also, your opinions on celebs and celeb style, singers you think are hot right now, their new music etc!

Ellis.xx

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Florence and the Machine.. and her shoes!!


HI VOCADLETS J
How are we all doing? It’s getting a bit chilly at the moment isn’t it! I’m very sad about this as it seems we didn’t have much of a summer L Is anyone off on their holidays soon? 

First off I just wanted to say a massive BRAVO! Because I’ve been visiting some of the Vocademy’s recently, and I have to say, you are all sounding AH-MA-ZINGG! You guys really get into the songs, its sooo cool to see!
And seeeeeeen as you guys are so awesome, you’re DEFINITELY going to all have to get involved in our new Vocademy competition. Im VERY excited about this, just because it’s so awesome and we’ve never done anything like this at Vocademy before! We are making….. A VOCADEMY ALBUM. I know, I KNOW!
All you guys have to do is send us a recording of yourself singing a song, and send it to us here at Vocademy HQ! Then, it will be judged, and you will have a chance of recording your song in a real recording studio, and have it feature on the album! Sound like something you’d be interested in? Then click on this Vocademy link: Events for all the info J
I am so excited about hearing what you guys send in! Make the song your own, play around with the ad libs, and mix things up!

Now we’ve got that out of the way…
Which one of you Vocadlets likes Florence and the Machine?
I think there is definitely a split audience with this one, someone even said to me she’s like marmite – you either love her or hate her. Well, whatever your opinion may be.. NO-ONE can deny her powerhouse vocals! With MASSIVE hits like ‘You’ve got the love’ and ‘The dog days are over’ everyone definitely knows who she is. SO, what is your guys verdict on the recent release ‘Shake it out ‘? The single was officially released on the 30th September,  and I have to say.. not being a massive fan of Florence and the Machine I was VERY reluctant to listen to it. I was never a fan of her voice, and the more indie sound of her songs were never my choice of music. HOWEVER. I ADORE this track. Her strong, and let’s face it, LOUD, vocals definitely remind me of singers such as Adele, and the style of the song has an Annie Lennox twang! I love the way the song is very busy and big, and really makes me want to sing along at the top of my lungs, which is definitely what songs should make you want to do!

Despite not loving her music, I am a BIG fan of Florence’s fashion, and her unique style. Much of her clothing always adopts a very vintage british theme, favouring elegant teadresses, blazers, and 80’s style leather jackets. This is my most FAVOURITE form of fashion, as I think it’s so elegant and eclectic. Florence usually collates pieces with lace or floral patterns somewhere in her outfit, but is always contrasted with at least one masculine touch. This is usually her shoes. A fan of them herself, and seemingly amongst teens today, is the Oxford Brogues. 
Now, despite my personal dislike for them, they seem to be sticking around, and I have seen A LOT of people wearing them. What do you guys think about them? Love or hate? Do you think they’re funky or just plain awful? And if you have a pair, where did you get yours from?

Email me with your opinions guys! I’d love to hear from you, always!

Keep singing!

Ellis xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment